And when it rains on your parade, look up rather than down. Without the rain, there would be no rainbow. ~GK Chesterton

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Day 8- Short Term Goals For This Month And Why

For the month of March, I plan to...

-become settled and comfortable in my newest job with Disney (as well as Nick in his new lifeguarding position).
-upgrade from part time to full time
-start online classes and find an efficient way to manage my time/job/course load
-celebrate my first birthday with my husband!...and away from family :(
-drink more water and eliminate red meat AMAP. Again.
-receive a calling in my new ward
-get my car tuned up finally after the long drive out here from AZ
-read a few really great books. Any suggestions?? 

I know that none of this is terribly exciting. We are just now entering the tail end of a giant transition period. I don't doubt that things are definitely going to pick up in the next few months. With that said, I'm going to throw in Day 9- "Something You're Proud Of In The Past Few Days"

When Nick and I moved out here to Orlando, we came without certain jobs. I have been battling with the Casting department here at Walt Disney World for months to get them to just pull my file. They wouldn't assign me a job until I was residing here in Florida. So we moved. When we got here, no one would pull my file! I kept calling and calling. Each week, I built up more frustration. Nick applied and got a job immediately. That was definitely a humbling experience, even though I was relieved and excited for my husband. But even though Nick was in with Disney, he really wanted to lifeguard for them. In order to transfer for that, you have to pass the lifeguard test and interview again. And only then are you eligible for a job....IF they have one available. 
When Nick went  in to Casting to get the information for his lifeguard test, I accompanied him. And I sat in the waiting room when he was called back just thinking and brewing with frustration. Until fortunately, my frustration got the best of me and I marched straight back to where he was, let him finish getting squared away for his test, and then informed the woman of my situation. Thirty minutes later I had an invitation for an interview. My goodness! Why did it take two months for someone to do something that takes five minutes?? I keep looking back trying to remember when I prayed for patience, because this experience definitely tested mine! But my testimony has also grown from all of this.
Yesterday, Nick and I both had our interviews at Casting. And the best part? We both walked away with exactly what we went in for!! It was such a blessing and we were smiling the rest of the day. My interview was short and sweet thanks to my being in good standing from my last job here. I am back in Disney's Hollywood Studios and looking forward to succeeding at my job and working my way up! I took the very last attractions position currently available on property. Nick took the last Lifeguarding position available. It certainly seemed like an answer to months and months of prayers. Oh, and...


My dad took a job!!! I am telling you, it had really been an exciting week and its only Tuesday! March brings high hopes and more change for all of us. I'm so excited. 

2 comments:

  1. I see Heavenly Father's hand so actively involved in this story! The urgency you felt while waiting for Nick was surely the spirit telling you that it was time to act again! I love how He leads us to that perfect point and then sets us loose to act for ourselves.

    You guys have been excessively blessed lately! Keep up the great work and stay close to Heavenly Father. You will be amazed by the bounty you will be offered.

    I love and miss you both SO MUCH.

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATS to Ed and Michelle! How wonderful!

    ReplyDelete