And when it rains on your parade, look up rather than down. Without the rain, there would be no rainbow. ~GK Chesterton

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Day 13 & 14- A Letter To Someone/ A Picture of You and Your Family

So I'm going to throw these two days together. I want to write a little "thank-you" letter to my immediate family.

Mom, Dad, Bethany, and Alex...
Thank you. Thank  you for loving me unconditionally. Thank you for teaching me just how sacred and important family truly is. Because of you, I know that family is everything. Thank you for constantly supporting and encouraging me in my music. Thank you for emphasizing my strengths and downplaying my weaknesses. I need that from you because I am already so hard on myself. Thank you for sticking it out...no matter how ugly things can get sometimes. Thank you for accepting the love of my life into your hearts and our family. Now:
Mom-Thank you for the sacrifices made to allow me to chase my dreams/passions. Thank you for the most cherished friendship I know.
Dad-Thank you for your example. You taught me to be strong and lead. Thank you for always loving me (and all of your children), and for proving to us that it is never too late to love someone more.
Alex-Thank you for keeping me on my toes. Thank you for behaving like my protective older brother despite your two-year junior. Thank you for always keeping laughter in our home.
Bethany-Thank you for your faith. Thank you for showing me how much I can learn from my youngest sibling. Thank you for your self-respect and for being the little sister I used to pray for.
I am so blessed to have you all as my family.

1 comment:

  1. Kelsey,

    I love this tribute to your family, and love the beautiful picture as well. I know you mom just loved this... Moms live for that kind of thing. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete