And when it rains on your parade, look up rather than down. Without the rain, there would be no rainbow. ~GK Chesterton

Thursday, April 7, 2011

March/April....BUSY BUSY BUSY!!!

I know I have been MIA lately.
Life has decided to see how far we can stretch.
But let me fill you in on a few highlights of the past few weeks:

1. Spending free time at the parks

Nick and I are definitely fortunate to live near and work for Disney. We love to go and play in the parks on our days off together. We go to Magic Kingdom to catch the fireworks. We indulge in international cuisine at EPCOT. We  take a ride on Tower of Terror and Rockin' Rollercoaster at Hollywood Studios.
  We always take a safari ride at Animal Kingdom (plus, Expedition Everest is Nick's favorite).

We go mini golfing on at Disney's Fantasia Gardens Mini Golf.




2. Rilo is growing fast. I took her to the vet last week to find out she is 17 pounds heavy and perfectly healthy. 17 POUNDS?!?!?! I swear she doubles in size every week. We have been patiently addressing her puppy-biting problem. She is potty trained, crate trained, she sits and is learning to walk nicely on a leash.

3. My 22nd Birthday!!! Nick and I both had to work on the actual day of my birth, so when both of us were off we went to EPCOT and had dinner at Biergarten in Germany. It was Sooooo great!! I loved it! Then on Thursday, when both of us were off of work, we had some real fun! Breakfast in bed was followed by a little shopping and then a trip to the Bob Carr Theatre to see WICKED! It was a really thoughtful day and I love my husband for taking the time to make my birthday special. You really can't go wrong if you take me to the theatre. And Nick loved the show as well!


I received the sweetest card from my littlest sister-in-law.

Nick and I came home from dinner to find a cake and decorations made for me by our roommates.


Princess!!

 I love my Disney Birthday Pin!



 We are swamped and struggling, but we are making the best of it. School and full-time work, puppy and a house to keep clean, etc. are really challenging our patience. But we are taking everything one day at a time....and finding ways to enjoy life!

2 comments: