And when it rains on your parade, look up rather than down. Without the rain, there would be no rainbow. ~GK Chesterton

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Day 10-Songs You Listen To When You Are Happy, Sad, Bored, Hyped, Mad

Music.
As my husband stated earlier in his sweet blog, my music library is extensive and diverse. So I'm going to get a little bit more specific. Here goes:

Content: John Mayer, Jason Mraz, Anberlin, Coldplay, Dave Matthews, Fall Out Boy, The Fray, OneRepublic, Jimmy Eat World, Josh Groban
Bubble Bath: Boyz II Men, John Legend, Adele, Amy Winehouse, Alicia Keys, Sara Bareilles, Mariah Carey, Norah Jones, Usher, Seal
Beach/Sunset: Bob Marley, Dirty Heads, Jack Johnson, John Mayer, Sublime
Energetic: Cold War Kids, The Decemberists, MGMT, The Black Keys, Jet, Phoenix, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Foster The People, Cage The Elephant, Vampire Weekend, Arcade Fire, The White Stripes, Radiohead, Foo Fighters
Getting ready (this is anything I can sing to in the morning while I'm getting ready): WICKED, RENT, Spring Awakening, Last Five Years,  Aida, Thoroughly Modern Millie, Chicago, Ragtime, Christina Aguilera
Sunday: Mormon Tabernacle Choir Pandora station, Jim Brickman, LOTR Soundtrack, EFY, Disney
Nostalgic: Otis Redding, Van Morrison, Cat Stevens, Bruce Springstein, Billy Joel, Hall & Oates, James Taylor, Celine Dion, Mariah Carey, Don Henley, Tony Rich Project, old recording from Oregon Bach Festival, ENCORE!, VocalEase, and side projects

This might cover 1/4 of my library. Maybe. Its so random, but I rarely turn down music. Every style of music contains heart and talent and creativity. I'm never afraid to try something new. However, I do stay away from techno and anything that involves screaming. Ha...that's about it.

1 comment:

  1. Kelsey,

    This may sound off topic, but I can't wait to hear you perform someday. One of my dearest passions is hearing great vocals, and I hear you are incredible. I hope the opportunity will arise someday soon!

    Loves and hugs!

    ReplyDelete