And when it rains on your parade, look up rather than down. Without the rain, there would be no rainbow. ~GK Chesterton

Friday, February 25, 2011

Kelsey!

So...this isn't the regular author/editor/CEO of the blog.  Allow me to introduce myself.  My name is Nicholas Donald Igneous Martell III.  I know the creator of this blog rather well.  We even have the same last name!  I am taking the liberty of logging on to my wife's blog and giving the reader a more in-depth look at the author...from the perspective of someone who shares the same body wash.  Here we go!!            

-Kelsey is a very passionate individual.  One of the things I love about her is her constant drive to maintain her relationships with family and friends.  Kelsey would do absurd things to ensure her loved ones were happy and taken care of.
-She may be the most forgiving person I have ever had the opportunity to meet.  She is willing to put aside nearly anything to give someone a second chance.
-This Girl is a tremendous baker!  I win.
-Give Kelsey some brownies or pizza and you have a new best friend.
-She has the most diverse collection of music on her i tunes.  If you just new Kelsey from her music selection you would think she was a 45 year old teenager stuck in the 80's with a tendency to rock and roll all the time with the occasional cruise through the hood in an El Camino...but on weekends she did nothing but lay on the beach with a peace sign around her neck while praying for part II of Woodstock.  And in her spare time she lay in her bed crying and sleeping only to get up in an hour and dance her life away.  Okay, it's a little outlandish, but I hope that paints a picture of how many different kinds of music Kelsey loves.
-If Kelsey had it her way she would perform for the rest of her life.  She loves the stage, in all of its forms.  It is totally her element.  
-She is her own worst critic.
-She is a PER FE C TION IST.  I got in trouble today because I had two towels in the bathroom...
-Disney Disney Disney.  You should see her collection of Disney DVD's. 
-My wife is different from anyone else in the world.  She loves so many things.  She is good in tough situations.  I have complete trust in her to thrive in any situation she is put in.  At school, work, church or any situation.  She loves to meet new people and is great in new and different social situations (I mean, this girl survived meeting about 43,000 of my family members and they all love her.  A+ methinks.)  
-If there was a career called "sleeping" this girl would be one the leaders in its field.  
-Kelsey is very nurturing.  She takes great care of me.  She always looks for nice things to do for me. 
-She has an extremely silly side.  Her new thing is spontaneously shouting "terror!" and attacking me.  This could go on for an hour, a minute or until she falls asleep...which is usually closer to a minute.
-Kelsey has a wonderful relationship with her Mom.  They are best friends and they are so cute together.  When her and her mom get together to talk I just go watch football with her Dad. There's no ending that conversation. 
-She will sing ANY song.  Whether she loves it or hates it.  
-She is a very productive person...but she is not opposed to having a day where she doesn't get out of bed.  
-I can talk to her about anything.  And it has been that way from day 1.  
-Even though she is a girly-girl, she is in her element when it's just her and the boys.
-Kelsey has always fascinated me.  From the day I met her to Friday, February 25th.  I love her.  I am so excited to see where life takes us.  I couldn't ask for a better sidekick. 

3 comments:

  1. Nick, this is so sweet! What a sweet tribute to your beloved wife. I like hearing about her from a new perspective. And you crack me up!

    Kelsey, thank you for taking good care of Nick. It's hard for me to have him far away. It's hard for me to have both of you so far away.

    We love you! Thank you for the posting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. You pretty much nailed it. I miss you both to pieces. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Probably the cutest thing I've ever read...

    ReplyDelete