And when it rains on your parade, look up rather than down. Without the rain, there would be no rainbow. ~GK Chesterton

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Day 7- A Picture of Someone/Something That Has The Biggest Impact On You

Justin Kelly and I in front of the San Diego Temple

Becoming a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, I knew I needed to set goals. And many of these goals needed to be things that would ultimately help me to be able to enter the temple. You see, in this church we believe that the temple is a place where Heavenly Father resides. Temples are the holiest places on earth, and I find them to be incredibly marvelous. 

I was able to enter the temple for the first time this past December. I can't think of many greater blessings than that experience. Except for the following week....when I was able to be sealed to my husband for time and all eternity. I realized on Sunday that I never knew I could have such a cherished memory. And the greatest thing about it was that somewhere on the grounds of the Mesa temple that day, was everyone I loved (mostly). 

Having an eternal perspective can really change things. Going about my daily activities with the temple in mind keeps a smile on my face. Nick and I are so blessed to have a temple here in Orlando. We can't wait to be able to go!

3 comments:

  1. I love your testimony! I feel the same way. The closest temples to us are both 4 hours away and I cannot leave the family for that long. I miss being able to go! I LOVED going with you and Nick! Go as much as you can. It will strengthen you as individuals and as a couple.

    I love you both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. KELSEY AND NICK
    ARE YOU HAVING FUN IN FLORIDA? I LOVE YOU GUYS.
    FROM DELANY

    ReplyDelete